Best Places to Buy Land in Texas
The best places to buy land in Texas are some of the most diverse and lucrative options available. From sprawling ranches for dream homes to farmland that can be converted into a business opportunity or investment property with great returns – there‘s something out there for everyone!
Some popular cities include Austin and San Antonio, which offer dynamic real estate markets; areas around Dallas–Fort Worth have plenty of affordable residential opportunities. Rural towns like Fredericksburg provide more private acreage with lower prices. No matter your needs, you‘re sure to find an ideal spot when it comes time to purchase property in Texas! If you want to buy property in Istanbul, read the best places to buy property in Istanbul
In this blog post, we will explore some of the best places to buy land in Texas in 2022 based on factors such as location, price, size, amenities, and potential. We will also provide tips and resources to help you find and purchase your ideal land in Texas. Let’s get started!
Things to know before buying land in Texas
Best Places to Buy Land in Texas
Best Place to Buy Land in North Texas
North Texas is a region that covers the northern part of the state, including Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Denton, Wichita Falls, and Texoma. North Texas is known for its urban centers, cultural diversity, economic growth, and natural beauty. If you are looking for a place to buy land in North Texas, here are some of the best options:
- Collin County: Collin County is one of the fastest-growing counties in Texas and the nation. It is home to several cities, such as Plano, Frisco, McKinney, and Allen, which offer excellent schools, shopping, dining, entertainment, and employment opportunities. Collin County also has plenty of rural land for sale that is suitable for residential or agricultural use. Collin County is also among the top ten most populous counties in Texas with 782,341 residents in the 2010 census, and current estimates put the population at over one million. This county is becoming a hub for large corporations, small businesses, and startups alike. If you’re looking for a place to buy land and work, say yes to Collin County! The minimum price per acre of land in Collin County is $95,000.
- Grayson County: Grayson County is located north of Collin County and borders Oklahoma. It is a popular destination for lake lovers, with two major lakes: Lake Texoma and Lake Ray Roberts. Grayson County also has a rich history and culture, with attractions such as Eisenhower Birthplace State Historic Site and Frontier Village Museum. At the time of this writing, per acre in Grayson County is at least $60,000.
- Parker County: Parker County is west of Fort Worth and part of the DFW metroplex. It is known for its horse ranches and rodeos, as well as its scenic landscapes and wildlife. Parker County has a vibrant community and economy, with events like Peach Festival and Christmas on the Square. Parker County with 116,927 inhabitants is located in the northeast region of this state. This county meets the Brazos River. Parker County also has two high points – Slipdown Mountain and Slipdown Bluff. The minimum price per acre of land in Parker County is $60,000.
- Kaufman is a city and the county seat of Kaufman County in Texas. It is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area and has a population of about 7,000 people. Kaufman is known for its historic buildings and landmarks, some of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Some examples of these historic properties are:
- William and Blanche Brooks House — This house was built in 1910 by William Brooks, a prominent banker and civic leader in Forney. It is an example of the Prairie School style of architecture and features a wraparound porch, a porte-cochere, and stained glass windows. It is a recorded Texas historic landmark. When we wrote this article, the lowest price for 1 acre on Kaufman was $65,000.
- Matthew Cartwright House – This house was built in 1883 by Matthew Cartwright, a lawyer and politician who served as a U.S. Representative from Texas. It is an example of the Victorian style of architecture and features a two-story bay window, a balcony, and decorative woodwork. It is also a recorded Texas historic landmark.
- State Highway 34 Bridge at the Trinity River – This bridge was built in 1936 by the Texas Highway Department as part of the New Deal program. It is an example of the Parker through truss design and spans 320 feet over the Trinity River. It was replaced in 1996 but remains a historic bridge in Texas. It also extends into Ellis County.
- Terrell Carnegie Library – This library was built in 1904 with a grant from the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. It is an example of the Classical Revival style of architecture and features a domed roof, a pedimented entrance, and Ionic columns. It is a state antiquities landmark and a recorded Texas historic landmark.
- Warren-Crowell House – This house was built in 1895 by Warren Crowell, a merchant and civic leader in Terrell. It is an example of the Queen Anne style of architecture and features a turret, a wraparound porch, and fish-scale shingles. It is also a recorded Texas historic landmark.
These are just some of the best places to buy land in North Texas. There are many more options available depending on your preferences and budget. To find your perfect land in North Texas, you can use online tools such as LandWatch or LandsfTexas, or contact a local real estate agent specializing in land sales.
Best Place to Buy Land in South Texas
South Texas is a region that covers the southern part of the state, including San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Laredo, and the Rio Grande Valley. South Texas is known for its Hispanic culture, warm climate, coastal scenery, and agricultural production. If you are looking for a place to buy land in South Texas, here are some of the best options:
- Bexar County: Bexar County is the fourth-most populous county in Texas and the seat of San Antonio, the second-largest city in the state. San Antonio is a historical and cultural hub, with attractions such as the Alamo, the River Walk, and the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. Bexar County also has plenty of rural land for sale that is ideal for recreational or residential use. The 2010 census stated that it had a population of 1,714,773, and a recent estimate in 2019 put the number at over 2 million. The minimum price per acre of land in Bexar County is $80,000.
- Nueces County: Nueces County is located on the Gulf Coast and encompasses Corpus Christi, the eighth-largest city in Texas. Corpus Christi is a major port city and a tourist destination, with attractions like the USS Lexington Museum, the Texas State Aquarium, and Padre Island National Seashore. Nueces County also has a lot of land for sale that is suitable for commercial or industrial use. The average price per acre of land in Nueces County is $18,000.
- Starr County: Starr County is one of the southernmost counties in Texas and borders Mexico. It is part of the Rio Grande Valley, a region that is known for its fertile soil and agricultural output. Starr County also has a lot of land for sale that is affordable and spacious. The average price per acre of land in Starr County is $4,000.
These are just some of the best places to buy land in South Texas. There are many more options available depending on your preferences and budget. To find your perfect land in South Texas, you can use online tools such as LandWatch or LandsofTexas, or contact a local real estate agent specializing in land sales.
Texas is a great state to buy land in 2022, as it offers a variety of options for different types of buyers. Texas has something for you whether you are looking for a place to live, work, play, or invest. In this blog post, we have discussed some of the best places to buy land in Texas based on location, price, size, amenities, and potential. We hope this information helps you find your ideal land in Texas.
If you have any questions or comments about buying land in Texas, please feel free to leave them below. We would love to hear from you.
Faq about Best Places to Buy Land in Texas
Where is the best place to buy land in Texas?
Here are some of the best places to buy land in the Lone Star State:
- Frisco. Frisco, one of the fastest-growing U.S. cities, is only 30 minutes from Dallas.
- New Braunfels. New Braunfels is between San Antonio and Austin.
- Cedar Park.
- Round Rock.
- Texas Real Estate Honorable Mentions.
Is buying land in Texas a good investment?
Investment in Texas land is oftentimes overlooked, however, it can be an excellent asset to any real estate portfolio. If you want to begin your investment journey, add to a portfolio, or find smart ways to diversify, land can be an excellent way to go.
Where is the cheapest part of Texas to buy land?
You’re likely to find the cheapest Texas acres in the Panhandle and South Plains region, or in Far West Texas. Although the price per acre has still been increasing in the Panhandle and South Plains, you could still find land there for an average of $1,511 per acre in 2022.
Which county in Texas has the cheapest land?
Among the least expensive areas to buy five acres of land, Hudspeth County, Texas tops the report category with the lowest price for five acres of land listed at $1,200.
Why is land in Texas so cheap?
Texas has abundant available land, which enables lower home prices. The diverse real estate market caters to a range of lifestyles, offering modern facilities in cities and spacious properties in rural areas at varied price points.
How to make money with land in Texas?
8 Ways to Profit from Rural Land
- Come up with a unique agritourism idea.
- Rent your land for pasture.
- Rent out your land for recreational activities.
- Hay the fields.
- Host infrastructure like solar panels, cell towers, or wind towers.
- Rent out your land for billboards.
- Lease out hunting rights.
- Harvest and sell timber.
Which land is best for investment?
For small investors to truly enjoy the more traditional sense of land ownership, perhaps the best options are timber farms, mineral development lands, vegetable gardens, orchards, vineyards, and recreational land.
Is Texas good for real estate?
Texas Housing Market Predictions 2023 – 2024
If you are a house buyer or real estate investor, Texas has been one of the finest long-term real estate investments in the United States over the past decade.
Is it cheaper to live in California or Texas?
California is one of the most expensive states to live in. Texas is more affordable, almost across the board. The cost of living does not necessarily capture the quality of life.
Is Texas a good place to move to?
Warm and tax-friendly, living in Texas is a great idea. With many diverse cities and endless job opportunities, Texas is a popular destination for young professionals, families, and retirees. Compared to living in Florida, Texas is slightly cheaper and just as warm as the Sunshine State.
What are the benefits of owning land in Texas?
Other than the rolling hills, green fields, and majestic mountains, there are 7 good reasons why you should buy land in Texas:
- Property tax exemptions.
- Writing off expenses.
- You can get utilities.
- You can invest and make money off your land.
- Freedom to develop.
- Very affordable rates.
- Can you buy land with cash in Texas?
Can you buy land with cash in Texas?
Make an offer and close the deal.
Remember, we’ll always tell you to pay 100% cash for investment or recreational property. But when you’re buying land and building a house in Texas, you’ll either need to save up to make an all-cash offer or take out a construction loan (avoid land loans—they’re a bad deal).
Can you get a loan on land in Texas?
A land loan, sometimes called a lot loan, enables you to purchase a plot of land where you can build a home. Generally, a loan can be taken out for three types of land: Raw land, which normally has no utility access and no improvements, and might not be reachable by road.
Is Texas all private land?
Texas is a private lands state (over 93% of Texas is privately owned), and private land stewardship is crucial to maintaining the diverse array of habitats needed to support the unique and varied wildlife that we enjoy in our state.
Can a foreign country buy land in USA?
Yes, foreigners can buy property in the USA without citizenship restrictions. Non-US citizens can buy all sorts of properties, residential, commercial, vacation, and land as well. The straightforward process allows individuals to become property owners and benefit from real estate ownership.
- Best area to buy property in Antalya
- Best area to buy property in Dubai
- Best places to Visit in Venezuela